Strikethrough in Excel & Word helps to delete it (Strikethrough Shortcut in Excel). Example sometimes, while creating a document we don’t need a few text we can just delete it. But when we want to show the unwanted text we used Strikethrough text option. This option will let the text remain where it is. But simply it will put a horizontal stroke on the text. This will describe that the text is no longer need or relevant.
There are various shortcuts assign to each function in MS Office. Strikethrough too is assigned some shortcuts. This makes our work easy and saves time. There are lots more shortcuts in Excel. Click here
How to do Strikethrough In Excel
There is no icon for this function or option in any of the ribbon in Excel. You need to go through few steps to assign Strikethrough in Excel:
- Select the cell or range of cells you want to Strikethrough in Excel.
- In the Home Ribbon > Font Group > Click on the small arrow sign at the right bottom corner of the Font Group
Right-click and click on Format cell.
- Go to the Font tab in the Format Cell dialog box.
- In the effects, put a tick on Strike through.
Result: You will see a horizontal strike on the text in the cell. i.e ( E̶x̶a̶m̶p̶l̶e̶ )
- How to Use SUBSTITUTE Function
- Excel Quartile Function in Excel
- How to use the Excel PERCENTILE function
- Insert or Type degree symbol in Excel with Autocorrect Feature
- Insert Symbol Dialog Box to Insert or Type degree symbol in Excel
However, this procedure would be too time consuming. So the shortcut to Strike through the text is Excel is PRESS CTRL +5.
You can learn such tips & tricks in our Free Excel Course Lessons
Procedure: Select the cell or range of cell and Press the Strikethrough Shortcut CTRL + 5
How to do Strikethrough in Word
Now, Steps to assign Strikethrough in Word:
- Select the text or texts and click on the Strikethrough button which is available in Home Tab, Font group
- Ctrl + D (Opens the Format cell dialog box)
- Alt + K (Tick on Strikethrough)
You can even customize or put a strikethrough button on your ribbon. You can put this button on Quick Access Toolbar. Also, whenever you want to put a strike on non-adjacent cell in Excel. You press Ctrl key and select the cell and then Press the Shortcut Ctrl + 5.
Still, if you want an automatic task to create strikethrough. Click Here and Copy-Paste it. You are done with strikethrough shortcut. If you want to learn more about Excel Tips & Tricks then kindly join Excel Ninja Training Program. This training program offers high-quality video lectures and 24×7 support.