Strikethrough in Excel & Word helps to delete it (Strikethrough Shortcut in Excel). An example sometimes, while creating a document we don’t need a few texts we can just delete it. But when we want to show the unwanted text we used the Strikethrough text option.
PDF GUIDE BOOKS
This Book will help you to get Excel Skills & Boost your career.
This option will let the text remain where it is. But simply it will put a horizontal stroke on the text. This will describe that the text is no longer needed or relevant.
There are various shortcuts assign to each function in MS Office. Strikethrough too is assigned some shortcuts. This makes our work easy and saves time. There are lots more shortcuts in Excel. Click here
How to do Strikethrough In Excel
There is no icon for this function or option in any of the ribbon in Excel. You need to go through a few steps to assign Strikethrough in Excel:
- Step 1: Select the cell or range of cells you want to Strikethrough in Excel.
- Step 2: In the Home Ribbon > Font Group > Click on the small arrow sign at the right bottom corner of the Font Group OR Right-click and click on Format cell.
- Step 3: Go to the Font tab in the Format Cell dialog box.
- Step 4: In the effects, put a tick on Strikethrough.
15 Excel Data Cleaning Tricks Guidebook
Bored of downloading text heavy / copy-pasted eBooks? If Yes, you will enjoy this guidebook (43 pages)
Result: You will see a horizontal strike on the text in the cell. i.e ( E̶x̶a̶m̶p̶l̶e̶ )
However, this procedure would be too time-consuming. So the shortcut to Strikethrough the text is Excel is PRESS CTRL+5.
Procedure: Select the cell or range of cell and Press the Strikethrough Shortcut CTRL+5
How to do Strikethrough in Word
Now, Steps to assign Strikethrough in Word:
- Step 1: Select the text or texts and click on the Strikethrough button which is available in Home Tab, Font group
- Step 2: CTRL+D(Opens the Format cell dialog box)
- Step 3: ALT+K (Tick on Strikethrough)
- Step 4: ENTER.
You can even customize or put a strikethrough button on your ribbon. You can put this button on Quick Access Toolbar. Also, whenever you want to put a strike on non-adjacent cells in Excel. You press the Ctrl key and select the cell and then press the Shortcut CTRL+5.
Excel Vlookup formula – Guidebook
Bored of downloading text heavy / copy-pasted eBooks?
If Yes, you will enjoy this guidebook on ‘Excel Vlookup Formulas’ – VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, MATCH & INDEX.
Strikethrough Shortcut Key for Excel or Word
Excel has a keyboard shortcut for strikethrough as follows:
- Step 1: Select the cells in Excel for which you want to Strikethrough
- Step 2: Press CTRL+5 Strikethrough Shortcut Key in Excel
- Step 3: Strikethrough in excel will be applied it’s simple.
Similarly, for Microsoft Word a keyboard shortcut for Strikethrough as follows:
- Step 1: Select the word for which you want to Strikethrough
- Step 2: Press CTRL+5 as Strikethrough Shortcut Key in Word
- Step 3: Strikethrough in a word will be applied it’s simple.
15 Pivot Tables Tricks for Pros
15 Pivot Table tricks to make your Excel data analysis smarter! 5,600+ downloads.
Most Popular Tricks are #3, #7 & #12