Open password protected the file from this simple excel tips & tricks. Learn how to unprotect excel or remove password from excel. Let me warn you up front – THE MOMENT you learn applying this trick on How to Unprotect Excel, you’ll JUMP in ecstasy. If you are ready, then read on…
Almost ALL Excel users wish at some point or the other felt the need of some magic to “UnProtect Excel Sheet” password so that they can see the formula and make changes.
Learn How to unprotect Excel Worksheet or Remove Password From Excel
* Please note that this is the worksheet password and not the workbook password *
They take the help of Google. They are redirected to 100’s of sites who ask you to download some software:
1) Some of those software apps will display only first 2 or 3 characters of the Excel password (trial version).
2) Some will install interesting pictures and set your default browser homepage to some “one who can’t be named” website. You get the drift!
3) Some (paid versions) will display 1,29+ hrs of computing time to crack the Excel password in case the password is not a simple dictionary word. (BTW dictionary word passwords can be easily cracked using a technique called “Dictionary attack”. Rest needs “Brute Force attack” technique)
Enable display of file extension names:
This will be required to change the file extension. Suppose, for example from Budget.xlsx to Budget.zip and back to Budget.xlsx. [“Control Panel” – “Folder Options” – “View” tab – Uncheck “Hide Extension for known file type”]
Change the extension of you Excel file from .xlsx to .zip
Learn Remove Password From Excel and Using Excel VBA (Coding) or you can learn such more tricks. Learn More
Create Dynamic Graphs & Excel Presentation. Also, Learn how to create Data Analytic Chart & Graph. Learn More
Open the zipped file and extract the relevant XML file from the zipped file
Extract these XML files outside the folder. They represent the worksheets in the Excel file. Modified codes using simple “Notepad”. The modified XML file should be put again in the zipped file to replace the old XML files.
Open the XML File & Delete Tags
Open the XML file in a notepad and delete the following tags marked in double quotes below
Save the XML file and put it back in the zipped folder. It will replace the original XML files.
Closed the zipped file and change the extension back to .xlsx (reverse of Step 2 above)
Enjoy the GLORY my friend 🙂 – The relevant sheets for which corresponding modified XML files will not ask for any Excel password anymore.
Steps to remove password from excel spreadsheet
- Go to Control panel
- Click on Folder Options
- Open View Tab
- Uncheck “Hide Extension for known file type”
- Select the excel file
- Change the extension of your Excel file from .xlsx to .zip
- Open Zip File & Extract
- Open XML File & Delete Excel v. 2007-10 “sheetProtection password=… />” v. 2013 – “sheetProtection algorithmName=…/>”
- Save & Close Xml File
- Save Zip File
- Run File
Congratulations, Finally you had removed your locked excel spreadsheet. You can also learn how to create excel dashboard using Online Excel Dashboard Course