The objective of learning any new thing is to get an upgrade in your career by getting employed in a new company with better quality via interview. An Interview is a decision-maker when it comes to the test of your learning. Keeping this thing in mind we have decided to help you with the Qlik Sense Interview Questions and Answers to help you get through any interview.
The following structure of Qlik Sense Questions and Answers will take you from the fresher level to an expert level of preparation. We have also included a section that will help you prepare the most likely asked QlikView questions in a Qlik Sense interview. Get geared up to assimilate the knowledge and come up with flying colors in Qlik Sense Interview.
Top 12 Qlik Sense Interview Questions & Answers for Freshers
The following given are the most likely asked interview questions asked at the beginner level of a Qlik Sense interview. The possible answers are also stated along with the questions to prepare you for the interview. We would suggest you check these questions and answers before appearing for an interview because sometimes you prepare well for an interview but basic and simple questions are missed.
Top Qlik Sense Interview Question & Answers as follows,
We do not want you to land up in such kind of messy situation. Thus, curated just for you the most important beginner-level Qlik Sense interview questions and answers.
1. What is Qlik Sense?
Qlik Sense is best described as a self-service data analytics and visualization tool used to find BI solutions for any business. It is capable to handle huge amounts of data easily. It is used mainly used to perform data analytics.
2. State the USP of Qlik Sense. What makes it popular?
Qlik Sense is a popular tool among the data and BI analyst people because of the following:
- It performs analytics in a fast and easy way
- You can discover meaningful insights into your data and get solutions to your BI problems in few minutes
- It can create greatly augmented visualizations with the help of advanced interactive analysis
- It is capable of centralized data sharing and integration that makes the data storytelling and report generation easier
3. What is the way of working of Qlik Sense?
Qlik Sense is capable of summarizing the vast amount of complex data with ease. It cleanses, transforms the data to perform analytics and in turn can create best visualizing charts to get the insights of this analyzed data. Qlik Sense can update its data instantly at any time with just a single click. It offers security to your data and can come up with rich visual insights and governance.
4. Explain Qlik Sense charts.
Qlik Sense offers a different type of service in the form of SAAS is known as Qlik Sense Charts. With the help of charts, data can be represented in the best meaningful way possible.
5. Is the data encrypted in Qlik Sense Cloud?
Yes, the data is completely encrypted in Qlik Sense Cloud. This encryption helps in acquiring security for your data.
6. State the different data types in Qlik Sense.
The following are the different types of data types offered by Qlik Sense:
Apart from the above stated there are many more data types available in Qlik Sense. These data types are mainly used for calculation purposes.
7. Define the role of Qlik Sense Cloud.
Qlik Sense Cloud is responsible for the following roles:
- You can create and share apps via the cloud
- It is responsible for generating links that can share the content or its visualization in apps. It can also be useful in inviting different users to follow the app and monitor the activity of these invited users.
- The moment you login in Qlik Sense your browser is divided into 3 parts – toolbar, tab panel, and workspace area
8. Stat the things that can be performed in the Qlik Sense Cloud.
You can edit the apps that you created in the cloud. You are capable of adding flat files in your own created apps. You cannot edit, create or increase the apps that are created by other users in the cloud.
9. What are the basic differences between Qlik Sense & QlikView?
The following are the basic differences between Qlik Sense & QlikView:
- Qlik Sense offers a self-service analysis whereas QlikView offers a guided type of analysis
- Mobile discovery and exploration are excellent in Qlik Sense than QlikView
- QlikView offers excellent IT managed dashboard as compared to Qlik Sense
- Qlik Sense offers best visualization & sharing as compared to QlikView
10. State the process of adding a data table.
A data table can be added via a data manager or by various sources of data. The following are the different ways of adding data:
- Connectors – Just select the user or administrator-defined connectors
- Connecting your data – select the file from your data source, it can be connectors, web files, data files, etc.
- Qlik data market – select the files from public or commercial databases
- Direct attachment – upload a file directly from your PC or through an app
11. Do the records get encrypted in Qlik feel cloud?
Yes, the records, the identifications, and the statistics are encrypted in Qlik feel cloud.
12. What are the components of Qlik Sense architecture?
The following are the components of Qlik Sense architecture:
- Qlik Sense Proxy (QSP)
- Qlik Sense engine (QIX)
- Qlik Sense Schedule (QSS)
- Qlik Sense Repository (QSR)
- Qlik Sense applications (QVF)
Top 12 Qlik Sense Interview Questions & Answers for Intermediate
The following are the important Qlik Sense interview questions and answers for the intermediate level of interviews. These questions along with the answer key will come handy when you have to prepare more in less time. Let us quickly let you through it.
1. Explain the process of managing records inside the app with fact supervisor.
The function of fact supervisor is to copy or add facts from the frequently used folder or from the Qlik data market. Whenever you load the records inside the app with fact supervisor, it automatically displays each table as desk calls, displays subject, and supply.
2. Explain Synthetic keys beneath the logical tables.
Synthetic keys are nothing but composite keys. When two or more fields are common in a data table the composite key relationship is enabled. Qlik Sense provides synthetic keys automatically for these kinds of composite keys. Multiple synthetic keys are often related to wrong data but it is not always true.
3. State the difference between traditional & associative index.
The following is the difference between traditional & associative index:
- It is IT-driven
- It operates on the linear and pre-defined type of thinking
- It does not follow deep insights
- It requires a lot of days to change
- It stores information
- It is user-driven
- It operates and follows user thinking
- It always shows all the data visibility; in short transparent
- It takes a few minutes to change
- It is driven on insights
4. State the correct steps to publish a sheet.
To publish a sheet, follow below-given steps:
- From the app, summary click on view pages
- Right-click on the sheet you want to publish
- A dialogue box will appear
- Click on distribute on that dialogue box
The sheet will be published and will automatically move to the section of sheets published by me from my sheets.
5. What is the way to deploy Qlik Sense?
Qlik Sense can be deployed in the following two ways:
- Single node side deploying
- Multi-node side deploying
Let us get in details;
- Single node side deploying
In this type, the services run only on one node and the deployment works only on a particular time zone
- Multi-node side deploying
In this type, the services run on two or more nodes that contribute to the exact set of information along with the license key
6. What is data storytelling in Qlik Sense?
The function of Qlik Sense to provide in-context and intelligent commentary for the visuals is displayed on the dashboard. In this way, a complete story is built on the dashboard automatically to let others know the exact perspective or thinking of the data analyst. This is called as data storytelling in Qlik Sense.
7. What is the importance of charts in Qlik Sense?
In Qlik Sense, charts are the way of representing data in different and best possible way. The data visualization in Qlik Sense is done via charts. There are different types of charts in Qlik Sense that you can use to represent the data visuals. The examples of charts are histograms, waterfall, line chart, bar chart, gauge, pie chart, KPI, distribution plot, etc. The charts can also be shared with other users on different platforms or on social networks.
8. List the number of operations you can perform on the Qlik Sense desktop.
The following types of operations can be performed on Qlik Sense desktop:
- You will be able to view all the apps in Qlik Sense hub
- You will be able to edit and view apps from app overview
- You can even edit and view individual apps from app overview
- You can do the adjustments to the visualization via edit mode
- You will be able to manage and view the associations and data tables from the data manager
- Form the load data editor you can add data and can directly connect to the databases as well
- You can view the data model of sheet and app with the help of Qlik Sense Data Model viewer
- In storytelling view, you can create and watch movies
9. State the data sources of Qlik Sense.
The following are the few different types of data sources of Qlik Sense:
- Amazon Redshift
- Apache Drill (Beta)
- Apache Hive
- Phoenix (Beta)
- Apache Spark (Beta)
- Azure SQL
- Cloudera Impala
- Google BigQuery
- IBM DB2
- Microsoft SQL Server
- MongoDB (Beta)
- MySQL Enterprise
- Sybase ASE
- Web file
10. In what way the Qlik convert into a useful tool for Qlik Sense users?
To copy data load scripts from or to Qlik Sense, the Qlik converter is used. It is generally used between Qlik Sense and QlikView.
11. Name some important and useful extensions in Qlik Sense.
The following are the most important and useful extensions in Qlik Sense:
- Two-dimensional Heat map
- Date range picker
- Dependency wheel chart
- CVL sunburst quadrant
12. Explain data warehousing.
Data warehouses are the databases based on the relational database models. The process of storing data in warehouses is termed as data warehousing. Data collected from different sources can be stored in data warehouses. Here, the data aggregates and organizes itself to provide meaningful insights when analyzed. Data warehousing is generally done where huge amounts of data are coming from varied sources and need to be analyzed after combining all the data in one place.
Top 14 Qlik Sense Interview Questions & Answers for Experienced
Qlik Sense is self-service BI and data analytics and visualization tool. While facing an interview a lot of time you land up in a situation that you are an expert on a particular topic but you are not able to answer the simple one-liners of expert-level questions. To save you from this kind of situation we have collected all the important expert levels of single-line answers that you can face in an interview.
All these questions are shortlisted by our team of expert analysts who are in the industry for years and are well aware of the questions that an expert candidate also fails to answer. You do not need to worry as far as you follow this guide of interview questions along with the answer to follow or have a quick glance just before the interview. Keep calm and go through the following questions and answers.
1. What do you mean by QlikView Data (QVD) file?
QlikView Data QVD file is a data repository file. It helps in quick reload and is important for incremental loads of data.
2. Is there any modification between optimized and non-optimized QVD load? If yes, then state it.
Yes, there is a modification and works if you follow a particular set of roles that is can be elevated up to 100x earlier when it is repossessing from QVD.
3. What is the use of the Apple Map statement?
Apple Map statement is a very flexible statement. It is used for mapping data between addition at load data and one source.
4. How can you find the reduction of memory usage by a document?
You can find it in the following ways:
- Dropping redundant items
- By dropping time from date-time fields
- By splitting fields
5. Explain the types of optimization done for simulating data.
You can optimize in the following ways:
- By reducing joins by merging tables at run time
- By creating a flat structure at load time
6. Explain the meaning and use of the scheming conditions?
The scheming condition helps to stop the possible high control position or display. It is used for checking the efficient expressions.
7. Explain the show’s condition. Explain its transition from the calculation condition.
Show condition works similarly to control the situation. The only difference is the object is directly removed from the screen instead of displaying a message when transited from calculation condition.
8. Why should you use variables?
You should make use of variables for the following reasons:
- It can be used to store reusable code snippets
- You can calculate values for a global sense
- It can be used to maintain the state of objects
9. Can you have a dynamic chart title in Qlik Sense?
Yes, you can have a dynamic chart title. It can be achieved by placing the expressions and variables as titles.
10. Explain the working of the hierarchical dimension in Qlik Sense.
If a hierarchical dimension is added in Qlik Sense you can get multiple and deep levels of details.
11. Can you color the chart title bar in Qlik Sense?
No, in Qlik Sense there is no formatting option available to color the chart title bar.
12. Can you enable, conditional show or hide the chart objects and other items in Qlik Sense?
No, Qlik Sense does not offer to enable, conditional show or hide the chart objects and other various items.
13. Are Nprinting and on-demand service supported by Qlik Sense?
Yes, the on-demand service of the Nprinting service is supported by Qlik Sense.
14. Explain the use of a Dependency wheel chart.
The dependency wheel chart shows the relationship between 2 dimensions via a specific metric.
Top 10 Qlik Sense Interview Questions & Answers for 5 Years Experienced
In the previous sections, we covered the Qlik Sense interview questions for freshers, intermediates and expert level one-liners. We also shared the most likely QlikView questions that can be asked in a Qlik Sense interview. Now, it is time to discuss the difficult interview questions that are meant to be asked to an experienced Qlik Sense individual. This guide of interview questions will definitely prove helpful for your interview preparation. The following are the expert level questions and answers for Qlik Sense interview:
1. What type of services is managed by Qlik Management Console (QMC)?
The following services are managed by Qlik Management Console:
- Connectivity of data
- Management of application
- Task management
- Administration of Security
- Data monitoring
- Auditing works
2. What do you mean by the QIX engine? Explain its functions?
All the major functionalities of Qlik Sense are handled by the main and interactive engine known as the QIX engine. The following are the functions of QIX engine:
- It is a RAM-based engine and therefore it performs in-memory data calculations and indexing
- It can perform smart searching
- It does self-service and interactive interactions
- It will correspond to a repository, scheduler, and applications
3. What does QSS stand for? Explain its importance?
QSS is the abbreviated form of Qlik Sense Scheduler.
Application reloading and data loads are handled and scheduled by Qlik Sense Scheduler.
4. What is the procedure to edit a data table in Qlik Sense?
The following is the procedure to edit a data table in Qlik Sense:
- Data manager handles the editing of a data table
- Select the table you need to edit
- Click on the edit icon at the bottom
- An editor will open that allows you to add a new field, rename a field name, associate with other files, etc.
- To delete the table, click on the delete icon at the bottom of the data manager
- To reload, click on the reload icon at the bottom of the data manager and concatenate two tables
5. Explain the deployment with a single node and multi-node deployment of Qlik Sense.
The following are the steps for a single node and multimode deployment:
- In single-node deployment, a single node is used to run all functionalities and operations of deployment
- In multimode, more than one node is connected to a central node
- The peripheral nodes are known as rim nodes
- These rim nodes including the central nodes are responsible for all the functionalities and operations of deployment of Qlik Sense
6. Explain the functionalities of the data collaboration feature.
The following are the functionalities of data collaboration feature of Qlik Sense:
- Storytelling of data
- Publishing applications in streams
- Exporting apps and sheets
- Printing apps and sheets
7. What is the procedure to access the restricted file in Qlik Sense?
The following is the procedure of restricted file in Qlik Sense:
- Disable the standard node
- Enable the legacy node
- Now you can access the restricted file
- Disabling the standard mode exposes the file to potentially damaging risks
8. What is the significance to use the Histogram visualization in Qlik Sense?
The following is the significance of Histogram visualization:
- A histogram is called a frequency plot
- It displays the frequency distributed at each bar or bin in distribution
- A continuous range of values can be seen because of this at equidistant intervals
- Analyzation of data becomes easy
- It can easily search the concentration of data is most or minimum at a specific interval
- Important for performance and behavior analyzation of data
9. What is the method of creating an application in Qlik Sense?
The following is the steps for creating an application in Qlik Sense:
- Log in the software with valid credentials
- Click on a new app
- Add data to it
- Select the file path
- Load the data
- Now create a visualization using the data loaded
- Now set the visualizations properly on a dashboard
- Once the dashboard is done the app is ready
10. What is the significance of treemaps?
The following is the significance of treemaps:
- For placing a lot of data in a hierarchical way treemaps are used
- It saves space in the sheet
- It stores the data in small boxes. In that small box, there are more small boxes
- These boxes are also called as nested rectangles
- The color and size of the boxes can tell you instantly the performance of a particular product
- It is not capable to show the negative values and therefore sometimes this is considered as a drawback
14 Most Important Qlik Sense & Qlik View Interview Questions & Answers
Qlik Sense and QlikView are the two siblings developed by Qlik. Whenever you appear a Qlik Sense interview it is most likely that some of the QlikView questions will arise too. It is perfectly fine if you are not able to answer, there is no harm neither it can impact the decision of the interviewer to hire you but just imagine the impression you will create on the interviewer if you can answer all of it correctly. Definitely, he will hire you. Thus, keeping this thing in mind, we have selected the most likely QlikView questions asked in Qlik Sense interview as follows:
1. What is meant by Set Analysis in QlikView?
In QlikView, set analysis is used to a set or group of data values. It is mainly used in aggregated functions like average, maximum, minimum, sum, etc.
2. What is Trellis chart?
Trellis chart is basically a grid of charts. We can build an array of charts on one dimension. Trellis chart is actually a repetition of charts.
3. Explain your idea of a Pivot Table.
A pivot table is used for grouping. A beneficial feature of the Pivot table is that it can be shown as a cross table. While grouping with the Pivot table you have to sort it according to the first dimension.
4. Suggest a graph that can be used to showcase 2 years difference in sale.
A bar graph can clearly show the difference in 2 years of sales.
5. Explain Straight table.
The straight table is used for grouping according to any column of our choice.
6. How many dimensions can be generally used in a bar chart?
We can use only two dimensions in a bar chart.
7. Why Macros is useful in your application?
With the help of Macros, you can create an object and reload the application.
8. What is the use of Dimension?
The data can be examined from various perspectives using Dimension.
9. What do you mean by normalized data?
A data can be called as a normalized data if it is in a well-structured form and does not have redundancy and repetition of values. The data that do not have any relationship among itself and can be in non-structured form with repetition of values and redundancy is termed as denormalized data.
10. Explain Star schema and Snowflake schema.
The following is the meaning of both schemas:
- Start Schema
In Star schema, data is pre-arranged properly into facts and dimensions. Thus, it is the simplest form of a dimensional model.
- Snowflake schema
A snowflake schema is particularly used to improve the presentation of certain queries. It is totally different than Star schema.
11. What do you mean by IntervalMatch? What is IntervalMatch ()?
The prefix with the load statement that is generally used to connect different numerical values to one or more than one numeric interval is known as an IntervalMatch.
IntervalMatch () generates different sizes of data buckets.
12. What is join? Explain different types of join.
Join is used to convert data by merging. This process of data is known as data merging.
Join are of the following types:
- Left join
- Right join
- Inner join, etc.
13. Explain the terms in identifiers syntax.
The following is the explanation of the terms used in identifiers syntax:
- 0 – Empty set
- 1 – Full set of records
- $ – Record of the current selection
- $1 – Previous selection
- $_1 – Next selection
- Bookmark01 – Bookmark name
14. What is the meaning of each tier in the QlikView 3 tier application?
The following is the meaning of each tier in the QlikView 3 tier application:
- Tier I – In this tier, QlikView Data file is created and raw data is loaded
- Tier II – QlikView Data is converted into business login and simultaneously data model and requirement of a business model is created
- Tier III – After reading all the files from QlikView Data in tier II, one QlikView Design application (QVW) is created
It is not necessary that QlikView questions will be asked in each Qlik Sense Interview, but there is no harm to go prepared. So, prepare the above given QlikView interview questions and answers to crack the interview in a single go.
Thus, the above are the most important expert interview questions and answers for Qlik Sense. The answers are written in a way that can be easily memorized and understood.
Prepare well with the above given Qlik Sense interview questions and answers and come out of the interview with flying colors.
All the best!