Want to attach an existing or new file in excel? then you land on the perfect page. You can check our ultimate guide about how to attach a file in excel or an object. Still, there are multiple ways to attach a file in excel. Here we discuss some uncommon & common methods to attach files. These methods are well recommended by our Excel Ninja Course Trainer to their students.
Excel Vlookup formula – Guidebook
Bored of downloading text heavy / copy-pasted eBooks?
If Yes, you will enjoy this guidebook on ‘Excel Vlookup Formulas’ – VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, MATCH & INDEX.
Attach an Existing File in Excel
There are multiple ways to attach files into an excel sheet or spreadsheet. If you want to attach an existing file in excel then please follow below steps:
- Step 1: Select the cell in Excel on which you want to insert your file/object.
- Step 2: Click on the “Insert” tab.
- Step 3: Then, click “Object” in the Text group and then the Object dialog box will appear.
- Step 4: Select “Create From File“.
- Step 5: Click the “Browse” button and locate the file.
- Step 6: Click on the “Insert” button.
- Step 7: Select the “Link to File” checkbox if you want to embed the contents.
- Step 8: Select the “Create Icon” checkbox to insert an icon that links to the file.
- Step 9: Click “OK” to attach the file in Excel.
Now, Create and Attach a New File in Excel
Now here, we can discuss, how one can create and attach a new file in excel sheets. You can follow the below steps to create and attach a new file in the spreadsheet.
- Step 1: Select the cell on which you want to insert your file/object.
- Step 2: Select the “Insert” tab. Then, click “Object” in the Text group and then the Object dialog box will appear.
- Step 3: Click “Create New“.
- Step 4: Choose the type of object you want to attach from the “Object Type” box.
- Step 5: Select the “Create Icon” checkbox to insert an icon that links to the file.
- Step 6: Click “OK.” it depends on the type of object you select, either a program window opens or an editing window appears within Excel.
- Step 7: Create the new file you want to insert. Close the new program window or click back on the Excel window to attach the new file.
- Step 8: Save and Exit.
In this way, you can easily attach the file in excel.
Insert Files into Excel 2016/2019 Worksheet
as we already see the different ways to insert files into an excel sheet. One more method to insert a file into excel, please follow the below steps,
- Step 1: Select Excel Cell into which you want to insert a file,
- Step 2: Click on Insert Tab
- Step 3: Click on Object under the “Text” group
- Step 4: Select Create from File.
- Step 5: Browse & Select your file from File Explorer
- Step 6: Select the Display as an Icon checkbox.
- Step 7: Click On OK. & you will insert files into Excel Sheet.
15 Pivot Tables Tricks for Pros
15 Pivot Table tricks to make your Excel data analysis smarter! 5,600+ downloads.
Most Popular Tricks are #3, #7 & #12