Power BI Download and Installation Guide Microsoft Power BI Desktop is designed for the data analyst. It consists of the interactive visualizations, with industry-leading data query and modeling built-in. You can generate and publish your reports to Power BI.
Power BI Desktop helps you authorize others with timely critical information, anytime, anywhere. and Checkout Power BI Desktop System Requirements.
Power BI Download – Power BI Tips & Tricks
In this tutorial, you will learn to download and install the Power BI desktop easily with the help of Power BI download and installation steps. Here, you will get to see a step by step description of the downloading and installation process. So, let’s get started.
How to Download Power BI?
Follow the below Power BI download and installation steps to use in your browser-
1. To download Power BI, go to your browser and type Power BI download.
2. Then click on https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/ to download Power BI desktop.
3. For checking the system requirements and installation files detail, users have to go to “Advanced download options” as shown in the image below.
4. When you click on “Advanced download options” link it will take you to the following page.
Power BI Desktop System Requirements:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Power BI Desktop needs browser Internet Explorer 9 or higher
- Microsoft Power BI Desktop is accessible for 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) platforms
5. Select a language to change the entire page content to that language as shown in below image.
6. Then click on the Download button after selecting the language.
7. You will get two options to download the file PBIDesktop.msi and PBIDesktop_x64.msi. The PBIDesktop_x64.msi is a 64-bit Operating System file.
8. You can choose the file you want to install as per your OS type and click on Next button.
9. After clicking on the Next button, it will start downloading the installation file. After completing the download save the installation file on the local drive.
Power BI Installation – Power BI Tips & Tricks
Power BI is a cloud-based business analytics application that displays most of the critical business data in a single view. You can control the functioning of your business with the help of a live dashboard and generate classy interactive reports using Power BI Desktop. You can also access your data with Power BI Mobile application. It’s easy to use and free to download. Once you download Power BI on your system its time to do the installation. Below are the Power BI download and installation steps to guide the user.
How to Install Power BI Desktop?
Follow the below Power BI installation steps to install Power BI Desktop-
1. Go to the Power BI installation file saved on the local drive and right-click on it to select the install option as shown in the image below.
2. When you click on the install option, a Run window gets pop up where you have to click on the Run option to open this file as shown below.
3. When you run the installation file and get to see the set-up window displayed, click on the Next button as you can see in the image below.
4. Accept the license agreement and click on Next button to finish the installation.
5. Select the destination folder on your PC to save the installation file and click next as shown below.
6. Click on the Install button to start the installation. You can click back to review or change any of your installation settings.
7. Click on Finish button to complete the installation process.
8. When you open the Power BI desktop, it displays a welcome screen as shown below. With the help of this screen, you can launch various options related to getting data, enhance the current data models, generate reports and also publish and share reports.