Tableau is a Self-Analytics and powerful Data Visualization tool. In almost every field, data is needed to be analyzed to come up with a conclusion about the well-being of an organization. Thus, Tableau is a very important tool to be learned in the education curriculum of the students. With this perspective in mind, Tableau is available free for students. Yes! You read right, it is freely available for students.
I know there are a lot of questions in your mind regarding the free access of Tableau, let me answer it one by one and quench your thirst. To get a clear idea about Tableau? you can check our comprehensive guide on What is Tableau? This guide will help you to understand tableau and its functions.
Must Check: Excel vs Tableau | Find Best Between these Two
Free Tableau for Students and Teachers
Students with a valid Identity Card of a Valid University can now use and install Tableau for one year. For teachers too, it is free and teachers can provide their students with the free access of Tableau up to a limited period by providing them the necessary code and login credentials.
Students can use their Tableau skills in:
- Making interactive assignments
- Showcasing Tableau skills in internships
- Making interactive visualizations for presentations
- For own use to learn and acquire a Tableau professional certification
Must Check: Top 10 Key features of Tableau Desktop
Procedure for Availing Tableau for Students
To install Tableau free for Students, follow the below-given steps:
- Go to Tableau home page
- At bottom Click on Academic > Students
- Click on GET TABLEAU FOR FREE Button that displays on the page
- Input your credentials or log in details asked on the page
- Upload your valid Student ID Proof
- It will take a few seconds to verify your input details
- Once your ID confirm, Tableau team will send you License Key valid for one year
Installing Tableau Desktop For Students
To install Tableau Desktop with the license key go through the following steps:
- Click on the Tableau software that we previously download
- Click on Run Button
- A Welcome page of Installation will open, check the box of I have read and accepted the terms and conditions
- Click on Install tab
- Wait till the installation is complete.
- After installation, a registration window will open
- Register your details
- Click on activate now as you have the license key
- Enter the product key and click on Activate
- Tableau Desktop automatically opens once the Installation complete
- Tableau is necessary for all and can be used in almost all the fields
- One year free licensed version of Tableau is available for free to students
- Students can avail it by registering valid ID proof of the university they are studying with
To get in-depth knowledge on Tableau along with its various applications, you can enroll for Tableau Training Program with 24/7 support and lifetime access.