Qlik Sense vs Tableau: It is no doubt that today’s business relies completely on data analysis for successful strategies and decisions. As the importance of data is increasing there are very few platforms available for the analysis of Big data.
There are two most prominent tools for business intelligence and data analytics – Qlik Sense & Tableau.
The quest to find out the best among them is always on. We would suggest that to choose the best tool for your business solely depends on the requirements and type of your business. Still, to help you to choose between the above-stated tools, we will lay down the comparison between them. But first, let us discuss what exactly are Qlik Sense and Tableau.
What is QlikSense?
Qlik sense is a powerful self-service analytical tool that helps professionals to develop interactive dashboards and reports. It is also capable of developing visualizations from various data sources. Qlik tech has developed Qlik Sense. Currently, Qlik acquires the leading position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for the 10th time in a row for analytics and BI.
What is Tableau?
Tableau is a self-service analytics and business intelligence tool. it is popularly known as the best visualization tool as it develops beautiful and interactive visualizations fro the analyzed data. Tableau was developed with the vision of offering much more than only report generating.
Which is Better Qlik Sense vs Tableau
To choose between the two tools, it is very important to view their comparison. Comparison helps to choose the best without self-doubting the decision later. The following are the key points of discussion:
- Qlik Sense is the analytic tool and has an in-memory data storage engine.
- The visualizations that are created in Qlik Sense and its quality depends on the in-memory data storage engine
- It is capable of building dynamic visualizations
- You can simultaneously work on the dashboard while the data is updated from the source
- Tableau is most successful and prevalent because of its graphics and visualization capabilities
- It also provides ease of use with an intuitive dashboard
- It can integrate data from almost all the sources
- It can store the data in memory or can access it from the data source directly
- Qlik Sense currently does not support R and Python-based objects but it promises to provide support to these languages in up-coming versions
- It overcomes this drawback and still performs the best analytics by connecting to third-party apps via API connections
- Tableau provides full support to R and Python languages
- It does not require to connect to any third-party apps and has built-in tools for forecasting & clustering
3. Cloud Support
- Qlik Sense offers both cloud and server versions
- Cloud version is a SaaS product
- Users prefer server version than cloud
- Tableau offers its own cloud as well as you can connect to third-party cloud platforms
- It offers compatibility with many robust cloud platforms
- You can connect to cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure, etc.
4. Big Data
- You can access any of your data, be it big or small
- You can manage any amount of your data with Qlik Sense
- You can integrate all your data in a single Qlik Sense environment
- As it provides connections to the number of data sources, you can access any amount of data
- You can connect to any data repository bet it MS Excel or Hadoop cluster or any other
- The storage offered by Qlik Sense depends upon the subscription you buy
- Its cloud business subscription allows cloud storage up to 500 GB
- The storage offered by Tableau depends on the subscription you invest in
- Its online subscription offers cloud storage up to 100 GB
- You need to discuss or provide your requirements and get the quote of price
- There is no availability of fixed basic price
- It does not vary depending upon the requirements
- It offers a fixed basic starting price of $ 12
7. Available Devices
- Qlik sense is available on Windows, Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac and web-based
- Tableau is available for Windows, Linux, Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac and web-based
- It can integrate virtually with any data source
- It integrates to almost all the data sources available
9. Prominent Clients
10. Supportive Languages
- Drag & Drop visualization
- Smart search feature
- Fast & reliable connections to multiple data sources
- Access to real-time analytics
- Data storytelling functionality
- Self-service simplicity
- Progressive creations
- Rapid development environment
- Patented technology from Stanford university
- Toggle view & drag & drop
- A long list of data connectors
- Option to highlight and filter data
- Share & embed dashboards within
- Data notifications
- Import all ranges with all sizes data
- Metadata management and automatic updates
Comparison Table of Qlik Sense Vs Tableau for Quick Review
The following is the table of comparison between the analytics tools – Qlik Sense Vs Tableau:
|General Information||Qlik Sense is the powerful self-service analytical tool||Tableau simplifies raw data and converts it into an understandable format. Tableau helps in developing proper visualizations.|
|Visualizations||Self-service analytics tool||Perfect visualizations and graphics tools|
|Cloud Capability||SaaS Cloud supportive||It offers self-cloud space and third-party cloud spaces such as Microsoft Azure, etc.|
|Big Data||Can manage all the data – small, medium or large||Connects to all data including Azure, AWS, etc.|
|Storage||500 GB of cloud storage||100 GB of data storage|
|Price||No fixed price; provides a quote||Starting from $ 12|
|Integration||Virtually with any data source||With almost all the data sources|