Qlik Sense helps us to visualize, load, combine, explore any amount of data easily without any bounds. Just like X-ray Vision, it delivers insights for each input data which “No other Query–based BI tools” can provide. Before discussing Qlik Sense Filter Pane lets check the What is Qlik Sense & its uses.
The application is productive not only online but also in offline mode. It is embedded with interactive Mobile Analytics which helps to make discoveries collaborate easily with the input data.
Qlik Sense provides the “Drag and Drop” feature which helps us to easily deal with all Qlik Sense Script and Queries. The plus point of Qlik Sense is the user could manage the application as per their Skill Set. We can easily perform an operation in Qlik Sense because it doesn’t require any technical background.
Qlik Sense is highly popular in the following Sectors:
- Qlik Sense in Communications
- Qlik Sense in Consumer Products
- Qlik Sense in Cross Industry
- Qlik Sense in Entertainment and Sports
- Qlik Sense in Financial Services
- Qlik Sense in Healthcare
- Qlik Sense in High Tech
- Qlik Sense Life Sense and Environment
Qlik Sense helps us to develop the graphs for each of the mentioned fields. The developed graph helps us to analyze the input data and understand the Trend.
Gartner recognized Qlik as a Leader in Analytics and Business Intelligence. DBTA even considered Qlik as the best Data Integration Tool and even awarded it to be the best user choice award.
Filter Pane is the easiest way to delve into data. It is the easiest way of displaying data dimensions and their values in a list form. All the values would be displayed on a sheet. Each user can make a selection from the displayed values as per their choice.
Must Check: Create Qlik Sense Data Model with 4 Easy Steps
Advantages of Qlik Sense Filter Pane
- Filter Pane helps us to make a selection, analyzing data and defining datasets
- The color-coded pattern followed by Filter Pane shows the relationship between different values and associations.
- The formed–up relations help us to analyze the associations and make new discoveries relatively
Disadvantages of Qlik Sense Filter Pane
- The amount of data in dimension is very high, then it is very difficult to manage the data.
Now, let us understand the concept of Filter Pane
Creating Filter Pane in Qlik Sense
- Open the Editor in the Sheet in which you want to add Filter Pane
- On the Left of the Panel, Click on Assets Panel-> Charts option
- Select Filter Pane from the list of charts
- Drag and Drop the chart on the Centre Grid or Editing Section
- You can add dimensions to be displayed in the Filter Pane from Add Dimension option available in the Explore menu at the right side of Editor
- The number of dimensions could be added as per the user choice
- If you want to sort criteria and change appearance settings, you can select “Properties” from Exploration Menu
- You can adjust the Filter Pane according to the design and available space on the Sheet
- Click on Done
- The Final Filter Pane would appear on the sheet where you can perform selection and searches accordingly
Must Check: Ultimate Guide of Qlik Sense Operators
Properties of Filter Pane
The developed Filter Pane could be configured or analyzed based on three properties or these three sections:
This section helps us to “add dimensions” to be displayed in Filter Pane by the “Add Dimensions” option. You can switch the position of field names in this section which causes the rearranging of an order of appearance of dimensions in the Table.
This option helps us to Sort the dimension present in the Filter Pane Accordingly with the help of list of operations such as:
- Sort by the expression
- Sort by frequency
- Sort Numerically
- Sort Alphabetically in ascending or descending order
The appearance section would help to customize the Filter Pane by selecting available options such as Title, Subtitle, Footnote and other details such as descriptions, measures, and dimensions.
In this blog, we discussed:
- Qlik Sense: It helps us to explore, analyze, visualize, load, link any amount of data without any bounds. It provides details insights for any structured data. The quality of developed visuals is relatively high in Qlik Sense
- Filter Pane: It helps to analyze the data by digging deeper into it. Filter Pane visualization help to perform selection and searching after developing
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Filter Pane: The color-coded pattern in Filter Pane help us to analyze each section of a developed graph but it cannot manage a large amount of data
- We also performed various operations on Filter Panes such as Creating Filter Pane and learned about properties of Filter Pane such as Data Section, Sorting, and Appearance