Dates are one category of information that is found in ALMOST ALL Excel reports. You can maneuver with them like a Maverick (Read: Tom Cruise’s starrer movie – Top Gun)
These are the things you can do with a date in excel:
- You can find which day of the week it is (e.g. Sunday, Monday…)
- You can compute 5th of next month (tax due date in some select countries)
- The date that is 6 months away from today (used to find Medicine’s expiry date, warranty period etc.) can be computed.
- How many business days exist within a date range can be calculated.
- You can calculate deadline date based on a start date and number of business days required to complete the task
- You cluster them in Years and Months (while applying Pivot Table)
- Mainly you can do anything and everything with the date in Excel
This was our take on the things you can do with a date in excel. If you have other ideas comment them below:
Our other videos will show you how to use Ninja strategies while solving above questions.
- Basics: DAY, MONTH, YEAR, DATE, TODAY, NOW,
- Intermediate: DATE, MONTH, TEXT, WEEKDAY, WORKDAY
- Advanced: WORKDAY.INTL, NETWORKDAYS.INTL